11.28.2008

Bodacious cookies




These are the best chocolate chip cookies I've ever tried, chicken free. I've already had 6...
Don't be scared of the pecans, they are just there to add more of a mouth feel and nutty flavour, I chopped my really fine, almost powdered (better if you have a food processor, but I'm poor, so I spent 30 minutes chopping).

1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
8 tablespoons/1 stick salted butter, cut into cubes
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/4 cups flour
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 cups pecans, toasted and finely chopped

Preheat oven to 300F/150C.
Beat together sugars and butters until smooth. Mix in the egg, vanilla, and baking soda.
Stir together the flour and salt, then mix them into the batter. Mix in the chocolate chips and nuts.
I like it let it sit for an hour or so, just so the dough settles and the egg is absorbed. But, that step is up to you, depending on how in need of treats you are.
Scoop onto oiled cookie pan Bake for 18 minutes.

Ps. This makes a lot of cookies, so you can half it if you're on a diet.


No comments: